Quality Assurance Engineer
Who are we?
The Development department at Telegraaf Media Groep is responsible for developing and improving the high traffic websites and mobile applications for our core brands Telegraaf, DFT, Telesport, Metro, Autovisie, Privé, en VROUW together with a number of our digital brands. We are continuously working on exciting projects with the latest technologies. In order to deliver top results, we work in small teams organized per brand, as QA engineer you work closely with system engineers, UX designers, product owners and business stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
As a QA engineer you work together with several scrum teams in an Agile way; planning, executing and achieving sprint goals as a team. In this way we are able to constantly improve the quality and implement new best practices. A QA engineer is involved from the very beginning of a project and by supporting other roles and responsibilities in a team we like to see the QA engineer as the team’s “quality conscience”.
You are going to;
- take initiative, you will have freedom to come up with your own ideas so you can help us bringing QA to the next level,
- quality assurance in a broader sense than testing;
- helping clarify specifications with business stakeholders,
- think along with UX about the best user experience,
- help de scrum master improve the workflow within a team.
Is this you?
To drive our development forward you are not afraid to contribute with your knowledge in discussions, think critically and come up with new ideas to test. You see the value in team based software development.
Next to this you offer;
- QA engineer or software tester experience,
- affinity with high pressure software development environments,
- practical attitude and willingness to set plans in to motion,
- top notch communication skills and your opinion on quality matters,
- proactivity and a passion for the Agile way of working.
What we offer?
The opportunity to work on different projects in an informal dynamic department. We offer plenty of professional growth, coursing and educational opportunities. We welcome interest in learning new technologies and willingness to expand your knowledgebase. Here you’ll have the opportunity to work on websites/apps that reach millions Dutch visitors a day. Further there is a market conform salary, and excellent secondary benefits, including MacBook, iPhone6, newspaper on your doorstep, gym in the building.
TMG is one of the largest media companies in the Netherlands. Our largest brands are the Telegraaf, DFT, Telesport, Metro, Autovisie, Privé, VROUW. We produce, distribute and market content. Providing our customers with news and entertainment 24/7.
Interested? ONLY CANDIDATES LIVING IN THE NETHERLANDS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ROLE!
For questions, please reach out to Kim Buunk, firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit the apply button above and let us know.