Senior Web Developer
Who are we?
The Development department at Telegraaf Media Groep is responsible for developing and improving the high traffic websites and mobile applications for our core brands Telegraaf, DFT, Telesport, Metro, Autovisie, Privé, en VROUW together with a number of our digital brands. Telegraaf.nl has over one billion page views per month. We are continuously working on exciting projects and improvements. In order to deliver top results we work in small teams organised per brand, and closely with system engineers, UX designers, product owners and business stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
As a web developer at TMG you will be responsible for the development process. From understanding business needs together with the product owner up until the product is live on the website. You will plan the sprint, identify challenges and solve problems with the team during the making and distributing of tickets. Then you will set the plan in to production and evaluating the process once the product is live. You will be responsible for the back-end services supporting websites and applications’ servers, authorization, subscriptions, content management systems, payment structure and more. As a senior developer you are expected to work independently as well as train junior developers. Responsibilities also include taking the lead on projects and supporting the team lead in coaching the team.
You are going to;
- ensure scalability, build and sync databases, caching, load-balancing,
- create and connect content, REST and data API's,
- do data mining, and extraction from all our brands,
- analyse and debug production problems,
- coach junior developers and lead projects.
Next to this you offer;
- senior mindset and several years of experience with Django, Flask or similar,
- high level of knowledge in a Python, (or another language and willingness to learn),
- excellent knowledge of databases and query languages,
- good Linux command line skills and shell scripting,
- practical attitude and willingness to set plans in to production.
What do we offer?
The opportunity to work on different projects with plenty of professional growth and educational opportunities. As a senior you'll also contribute to think about and develop the stack and which tools we use. A fair salary, and excellent secondary benefits, including MacBook, iPhone6, newspaper on your doorstep, and gym in the building.
TMG is one of the largest media companies in the Netherlands. Our largest brands are the Telegraaf, DFT, Telesport, Metro, Autovisie, Privé, VROUW. We produce, distribute and market content and provide our customers with news and entertainment 24/7.
Hit the apply button above and let us know. Questions can be directed to Kim Buunk recruiter at email@example.com.